Top 10 foods and fruits high in Calcium
Calcium is an essential mineral for human growth. The deficiency of it can create severe problems inside your body! It’s true that your body absorbs calcium in the subconscious process. But what if you don’t eat foods high in calcium?
Do you know which foods are high in Calcium? No problem. In this blog post, we will tell you about the top 10 foods and fruits rich in Calcium. Let’s have a look:
Benefits of Calcium
Calcium is a must if you want to lead a healthier life. That is why everybody should take foods with high calcium content. This mineral is mandatory for all living-beings. Otherwise, the deficiency will hamper the development of bones and teeth. As bones and teeth constitute 99% of your body, you have to take foods rich in Calcium.
Not only teeth and bones, but also other parts of the body need sufficient calcium to function well. Moreover, the brain needs it to communicate with other organs effectively. If you have calcium deficiency, you can take milk calcium, egg calcium, spinach calcium, broccoli calcium, and other foods and fruits high in calcium.
Which foods are high in Calcium?
You will get a variety of high calcium foods out there. Making a high calcium foods list or chart will help you remember them well. However, here we are going to show you a list of top 5 foods high in Calcium. Let’s have a look:
Of course, you can buy calcium supplements on the market. But remember, natural sources of calcium are the best ones for your body. And seeds are some of the best sources of calcium found in nature and are also regarded as tiny nutritional powerhouses. Therefore, you can take chia, celery, sesame, and poppy seeds to balance the mineral.
Surprisingly, if you eat 9 grams of poppy seeds, you can easily get 126 mg of calcium. At the same time, you can get omega-3 fatty acids when you take the same amount of chia seeds!
You should always bear in mind that calcium plays a vital role in your body. Parmesan cheese is the highest calcium food among them. It provides 331 mg from 28 grams, while softer cheeses provide only 52 mg from the same amount. Besides, cottage cheese is full of protein. On the one hand, it donates calcium, and on the other hand, protein. But for good results, you can also choose other foods high in iron and calcium simultaneously!
If you need the best sources of calcium, you can easily rely on almonds! Calcium in almonds is so helpful you should not forget that. They contain the highest percentage of all nuts. Moreover, they are also rich in protein, healthy fats, and fiber. Similarly,the calcium in peanut butter is also great! You can easily add them to your breakfast. Did you know that regularly eating nuts reduces metabolic disease, body fat, and blood pressure?
You are highly recommended to take calcium-rich foods for bones, teeth, and all other parts of your body. Or, like magnesium deficiency, it can cause a variety of issues there! Currently, whey protein has been familiar to many health-conscious people. You can find it in milk and is highly perfect for health benefits. Also, you can try various kinds of whey protein tables found on the market.
If you ask me which one is the cheapest calcium food, I have to talk about milk! Unusually, you can get 276 to 352 mg of Calcium for 237 ml of cow’s milk. Moreover, milk is also rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin D, and protein.
But the suggestion does not mean that you will avoid low calcium foods because they must have other vitamins and minerals.
Which Fruits are high in Calcium?
It’s not like you will only eat food to get vitamins and minerals. What about the fruit, then? Undoubtedly, you have to pay attention to fruits high in calcium as well. They contain other components, too! In this regard, a calcium fruit chart can help you remember them well.
Conveniently, calcium in apples and calcium in bananas are beneficial. Being cheap, you can take these fruits regularly. For more help, we will tell you about another top 5 fruits rich in Calcium in the following. Let’s have a look:
- Oranges: Oranges are mostly remarkable for vitamin C. Calcium is in second place! When you eat them regularly, you will get vitamin C and calcium at a time. How convenient, that is!
- Berries: Calcium and iron-rich foods and fruits are mandatory for body function. If you take berries regularly, you can get both at a time. In this case, you cannot help but utter the names of raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries. Each of them contains 20+ mg of Calcium! Can you imagine that?
- Pineapples: Pineapples are tasty fruits. They are not expensive either. That is why you can eat the fruit to get high calcium. But don’t forget that being too sweet, diabetic patients should avoid it.
- Litchi: Litchi is one of the tastiest fruits. Also, it’s high in calcium. It will be more helpful if you eat this one with other fruits. You will get other mineral contents from it, too.
- Papaya: Regarding Calcium, papaya is unique. Many regard it as the storehouse! Amazingly, you can get 20 mg of calcium while eating 100 grams of papaya. You can include this inexpensive fruit on your list without thinking twice.
You should always include foods high in magnesium, iron, calcium, and other vitamins and minerals in your meals. If you are a meat-lover, you can get calcium from chicken also! Listen, you don’t need a huge arrangement in this regard. Just keep your eyes open, think deeply, and incredibly, you will get it within your reach!