Top 10 foods and fruits low in sugar
Sugar is essential for your body, but taking excessive amounts of it is harmful. That is why you need to take foods and fruits low in sugar. It will balance your sugar levels. Fortunately, it’s not difficult to find low-sugar foods at all. You can get them within your reach!
But for your convenience, in this article, we will show you the top 10 foods and fruits low in sugar. Don’t worry. They are all scientifically approved! Let’s have a look:
Which foods are low in sugar?
It’s very important to avoid foods high in sugar, especially if you are a diabetic patient. Don’t worry at all! You can easily find foods low in sugar within your reach! To make things easier, here we are showing you a list of the top 5 foods low in sugar. Let’s have a look:
- Leafy Green Vegetables: You have to acknowledge that leafy green vegetables are highly good for your health. They are the storehouse of vitamins, nutrients, and minerals. Honestly, they will help you balance your blood sugar levels. These low sugar vegetables including spinach, kale, broccoli, bok choy, cabbage, and collard greens are extremely helpful for your body.
- Whole Grains: If you truly want a low sugar diet, then whole grains can be the best example in this regard. They are full of nutrients and fiber and are more helpful than white grains. Amaranth, black rice, barley, brown rice, buckwheat, etc. are unusually good for your health.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes are foods that lower blood sugar. They are more convenient than white potatoes. What is more – they contain a lower glycemic index but are high in potassium, fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, and more!
- Lean Proteins: Lean Proteins are high protein, low sugar foods. That is why you can include them to your low-carb, low-sugar diet list without thinking much! Lean proteins like chicken will keep you full for a longer time. Besides, they have other nutritional values extremely suitable for your health.
- Herbs: If you want to stick to a low-sugar diet, you can easily depend on herbs. Flavorings, such as cinnamon, turmeric, and cumin are very essential in this regard. When you use them to prepare food, they will easily provide you with sugarless options. At the same time, it reduces the levels of your blood pressure and blood sugar. For these reasons, herbs can be ideal to fulfill the demand of your body.
Which fruits are low in sugar?
Fruit can be the best low sugar source for you! So here we are giving you a list of the top 5 fruits low in sugar. You can take them by rotation but regularly to get the best result. Let’s have an eye:
- Lemons: Lemon is a low-sugar fruit but full of health benefits. This sour fruit is the best source of vitamin C. Can you imagine – a matured lemon contains only a gram of sugar? You can take this quality fruit with a glass of water. It also helps you lose weight by suppressing your appetite.
- Strawberries: If you ask me which one is the best fruit low in sugar, I have to utter the name strawberry. This tasty fruit contains very low sugar. You will only get 7 grams of sugar if you consume a cup of strawberries. Moreover, it’s packed with vitamin C. Therefore, you can add the fruit to your low-sugar food list without any doubt.
- Kiwis: This green-fleshed fruit is so delicious. Surprisingly, you can find it throughout the whole year within your reach. This one is low in sugar but high in vitamin C. Moreover, it has other nutritional values. So you will not be wrong if you include it on your food list.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit is a citrus fruit and very tasty to eat. It can be a good part of your breakfast! Don’t worry, you will get only 9 grams of sugar from half of it. Therefore, you need not worry about high sugar if you add it to your daily fruit list.
- Oranges: Oranges are popularly known as the storehouse of vitamin C. They are so tasty, and people all over the world use them as the best item to serve guests! Though the fruit is packed with nutrients, it contains very little sugar. You will get only 12 grams of sugar from a perfectly-sized orange. If you are suffering from high blood sugar, taking an orange daily can help you a lot.
To be physically fit, you need to change your food habits and fix something special for your daily routine. The foods and fruits stated above are extremely low in sugar. You can include them on your list without thinking twice. Honestly, they will make your days better than ever!