Top 10 foods and fruits high in vitamin A
You may need to have vitamin A to recover its deficiency in the body. But you should not try vitamin A supplements, such as capsules or powder first. You can take foods and fruits high in vitamin C instead! In that case, do you know what foods are with vitamin A? Don’t be disappointed. Here you will get the top 10 foods and fruits high in vitamin A. Let’s check them quickly.
Benefits of Vitamin A
Do you know the benefits of vitamin A in your body? Yes, you should have it because vitamin A deficiency can lead to serious health hazards! However, it brings uncountable blessings to your body. For example, forming and maintaining soft and skeletal tissues, skin, mucus membranes, and healthy teeth depend on it.
Not only that, but also the production of pigments in your eye’s retina relies on vitamin A. For this reason, it is also called retinol. At the same time, it keeps your eyesight functional! And of course, it is badly needed for a healthy pregnancy and breastfeeding! That is why you have to take foods with lots of vitamin A.
Which foods are high in Vitamin A?
Naturally, you will get a variety of foods containing vitamin A. But for your help, here we are providing you with a list of top 5 vitamin A-based foods. Let’s see them at a glance.
- Animal Liver
If you ask me about the best vitamin A source, I have to utter the name of the animal liver. Incredibly, you can have 6,540 mcg of vitamin A from only 3 ounces of cooked beef liver! Can you imagine that? Similarly, it contains a high amount of saturated fat from the same serving! I think you can add the food to your chart without any doubt.
Do you like to eat carrots? Okay, fine. You can eat them either raw or like other vegetables. And they are foods high in vitamin A. Unbelievably, you can get 509 micrograms of it from only a medium-sized carrot! Aren’t you surprised? Moreover, it is packed with vitamin K, potassium, and calcium. So it would be best if you did not waste time thinking it over. You can add it to your food list with ease!
- Butternut Squash
If you are looking for good sources of vitamin A, you need not go far. In this case, Butternut Squash can be an ideal option for you! It contains not only vitamin A but also vitamin C, calcium, and potassium. You can easily choose this food as it has very low calories.
If you want foods high in vitamins A and C, you can try spinach. Spinach is a leafy green vegetable full of vitamin A. Incredibly; one can get 943 micrograms of vitamin A from only a cup of cooked spinach. It is also packed with vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin K, magnesium, and calcium. You can use it as a side dish because the food is unusually healthy but low in calories.
- Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are highly vitamin A-rich foods that are extremely good for your health. One can get 900 micrograms of vitamin A from a medium-sized potato! Apart from that, they are so tasty and contain other nutritional values, including vitamin C, fiber, potassium, and iron. That is why you can take it without any hindrance.
Which fruits are high in vitamin A?
Like many foods, you will also get fruits high in vitamin C. Here, we have made a list of the top 5 vitamin A-rich fruits for you! Let’s see them at a glance.
- Mangoes: Mangoes are undoubtedly tasty fruits. They are full of vitamin A. You can get 181 micrograms of vitamin A from a medium-sized mango. Moreover, they are packed with vitamin C, vitamin K, and are unusually good for making smoothies.
- Cantaloupe: If you want a fruit having high vitamin A content, you can easily choose the cantaloupe. This fruit is versatile, so you can have it in various ways, including raw, fruit salads, and the like. However, you can get 270 micrograms of vitamin A from only a cup of it. Apart from that, it is also rich in vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium. Therefore, you will not go wrong if you include it on your food list.
- Apricots: Apricots are low in calories but high in potassium, vitamin A, fiber, etc. From a cup of apricot, one can get 158 mcg of vitamin A. That is why you can choose them for your breakfast.
- Tomato: Tomato is a tasty fruit that is highly popular for salads and sauces. You can get a high amount of vitamin A from it. Apart from that, it contains low sodium, saturated fat-free, and low fat. Moreover, it is also packed with potassium, vitamin C, and more! Hence, you can add it to your list without thinking much.
- Watermelon: Watermelon mostly consists of water. As a result, it can recover the deficiency of water in your body. It is high in vitamin A and vitamin C. Of course, this fruit is free from fat, cholesterol, sodium, and saturated fat!
Foods and fruits high in vitamin A are badly needed if you want to recover from the deficiency naturally. Don’t go for capsules or powders first. Truly, foods and fruits can quickly meet your demand.