ProForm 235 CSX Recumbent Bike Review for 2022
- 1 ProForm 235 CSX Recumbent Bike Review for 2022
- 1.1 Specifications of ProForm 235 CSX Recumbent Bike
- 1.2 Features of ProForm 235 CSX Recumbent Bike
- 1.3 Everything there is to Know About the Bike
- 1.4 Summary
The ProForm 235 CSX recumbent bike is among those which can provide you with your necessary features and also an affordable price. Several unique features can convince you to keep this on your bucket list.
ProForm offers a few good models of recumbent exercise bikes in an affordable price range. One of them is xp 400r. Another model in the ProForm recumbent bike series is the ProForm 325 CSX, which can be compared with the Nautilus or Schwinn 270 considering the specifications.
There are some downsides, too. It depends on what you are looking for in a bike. If you wish to buy the PreForm exercise bike, you should be aware of all its pros and cons before considering it.
Specifications of ProForm 235 CSX Recumbent Bike
- Product Dimensions: 56 inches x 24 inches x 44 inches
- Product Weight: 102 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 102 pounds
- ASIN Number: B01AC9V3JA
- Product model number: PFEX52715
Features of ProForm 235 CSX Recumbent Bike
- Resistance: 18 levels
- Adjustable cushioned seat
- Accessories like a water bottle holder.
- Step-through design
- Durable frame construction
- Maximum user weight capacity
- 18 workout program on the console
Everything there is to Know About the Bike
The ProForm 235 CSX bike has some great features worth elaborating, starting with the construction of the frame, assembling, seat, handlebars, resistance, console, maintenance, etc. The features are discussed in the following sections.
Construction of the Frame
The bike’s frame is constructed with convincingly durable steel. The frame capacity of the user’s weight is 275 lbs. The base, mast of the console and the base have a black Matt finish. Whereas the adjustment rail of the seat has a gray finish. The bike’s construction also has a few plastic parts.
This ProForm exercise bike is not particularly heavy. Nonetheless, compared to a road recumbent bike, its weight is almost twice as much. It weighs around 100 lbs, which makes it stable. There is a set of adjustable levelers in the rear base bar.
The front base caps can help to move the machine by acting as transport wheels despite its weight.
Another mentionable aspect is the bike’s step-through design. This is one of the most useful features for senior users with disabilities because mounting and dismounting becomes easy.
The internal parts of the bike are already assembled and attached to the frame when delivered.
You only need to assemble the base bars, the backseat, the seat, the console mast, the console, the handlebars, and the pedals. You will need around one hour to assemble these parts. A toolkit is included with the bike, but you may need some extra tools of your own.
You will find all the necessary information about the assembly in the manual.
Both the seat and backseat are padded with long-lasting vinyl upholstery. The seat is adjustable according to convenience. You can move it forward or backward and lock the position that suits you.
There are two sets of handlebars in the ProForm 235 CSX. One of them is attached to the seat and the other set is attached to the console. The handlebars are reported to be uncomfortable for people taller than 5’8” because the handlebars are non-adjustable.
There are 18 digital magnetic resistance levels in the ProForm 235 CSX, which makes it easier for the users to choose their resistance level according to their preference.
The more intense you want your workout to be, the higher level you need to choose. It also helps to complete your goal faster no matter for what purpose you’re willing to achieve it with the bike.
The console is impressive enough for this price range. The console is mainly divided into three sections.
The first section shows speed in revolutions per minute (RPM), heart rate, and the power output in watts when you are using the handlebar sensors. It also indicates the resistance level when you change the level.
The middle section shows time and distance. You can set the distance in miles or km. Also, if you set a goal for a time, the display shows the time remaining for reaching that goal.
The last section shows calories burned and pedaling speed. You can set up the unit at kph or mph.
The only downside of the console is that if you put a tablet on top of it, the whole console is covered.
You need to look for any loose bolts and parts on the bike from time to time. You will also need to keep your exercise bike clean. Other than that, the internal parts don’t need any cleaning for several years.
- Discover Low-Impact Cardio Workouts at Home; The ProForm 235 CSX stationary exercise bike offers effective cardio exercise in the comfort of your own living room; Inertia-Enhanced Flywheel
- Large LCD Window Display; Track distance, cadence, and estimated calorie burn; EKG Grip Pulse Sensor; Track your estimated heart rate to stay informed; Not a medical device, accuracy may vary
- 18 Resistance Levels; Manually choose your resistance or let your iFit Trainers auto-adjust your bike; SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance keeps every pedal stroke quiet and smooth
- Oversized Adjustable Seat; Enjoy lumbar support as you find the most comfortable seat position for your exercise; Water Bottle Holder for hydration; Transport Wheels allow you to easily move your bike
- 275-pound weight capacity; 61” H x 21” W x 40” L
The ProForm Recumbent bike is equipped with a comfortable seat that can be adjusted. It is sturdy and can support users up to 275 lbs. The bike is extremely appropriate for light or medium-intensity cardio workouts, recovery training, weight loss recovery, muscle build-up, and stamina development.
Considering all the features it provides, it can be said with certainty that it is one of the most affordable exercise bikes available.
3G Cardio Elite Runner Treadmill
ProForm Performance 400i Treadmill